Vision and Values
Our Values uphold the values and vision of the UNCRC and British Values.
Spring Grove school is a caring multi-cultural school where everyone is encouraged to recognise and achieve his/her potential whatever his/her religion, culture, race, gender and ability, as supported by the children’s charter. Children are at the centre of everything we do. We strive to achieve this by:
- Having high expectation for all within the school community.
- Creating an atmosphere where all forms of bullying including racism are unacceptable.
- Providing a happy, safe and secure environment where children feel valued and respected, and are able to participate and approach all staff.
- Giving all children equal access to the curriculum, resources and support, appropriate to their needs.
- Wanting everyone to feel successful and have their success recognised and celebrated.
- In line with British Values, we actively teach and promote respect and tolerance of all faiths recognising that everyone is an individual and brings with them diverse experiences and backgrounds. We celebrate and value the diversity within our community and promote social cohesion through interaction with other communities. We explicitly teach pupils about the importance of respecting individual liberty and living harmoniously within communities.
- Aiming to deliver a holistic learning experience which develops children socially, emotionally, creatively, culturally and morally in order to become active British citizens, who make a positive contribution to society.
- Encouraging an atmosphere where everybody is given the opportunity to develop their personal learning and learn from each other.
- Engendering mutual respect, trust and honesty for all. The school community values each other equally and learns to share and respect each others values and beliefs.
- Encouraging parental involvement and working with parents as partners.
- In supporting children to begin to understand democracy and the Rule of Law, we ensure all individuals are accountable for their actions and that everyone understands they have a role to play and as such they will have a voice in many aspects of school life.
- Encouraging healthy lifestyle which seeks to equip individuals to make a full and active contribution to society
- Providing the best available teaching expertise and learning experiences with high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Developing self-esteem, self-confidence and positive attitudes.
- Providing an inclusive, broad, balanced, fun and creative curriculum, which incorporates a variety of learning styles to prepare children to be active citizens, who are encouraged to be enthusiastic, independent learners to succeed in life.
- Respecting the environment and ensuring we are a sustainable school.