Structure And Remit Of Governors
Governors Structure and Remit of the Governing Body Structure
Full Governing Body
The Governing Body consists of 12 members as follows:
- 1 Head Teacher
- 2 Parent Governors
- 1 LA Governor
- 1 Staff Governor
- 7 Co-opted Governors
The Chair of the full Governing Body is Dr Berenice Golding.
There are also 2 committees that are set up to monitor specific areas of governance which meet once per term:
- Resources Committee. Chair is Mr Mustapha Qudah
- Standards and Effectiveness Committee. Chair is Elizabeth Price
There are other committees that will meet as and when required:
- HT Performance Committee;
- Staff Pay Committee;
- Staff Pay Appeals Committee;
- Pupil Discipline Committee and
- Complaints Committee.
The Department of Education has a Governance Handbook which sets out the 3 main roles of the Governing Body as follows:
- 1. Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- 2. Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- 3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.